Are you experiencing tooth sensitivity?
Do you experience dental pain or discomfort when consuming cold or hot beverages? Tooth sensitivity may be a symptom of a more advanced dental concern. Finding the root cause of tooth sensitivity can help your dentist create a more precise treatment plan.
Louisville dentist Dr. Kim Westermann offers a complete range of dentistry services for patients dealing with tooth sensitivity. Dr. Westerman will perform a full dental examination, discuss your symptoms, and create a treatment plan based on your needs. If you are experiencing tooth sensitivity, schedule an appointment with Dr. Westerman at Westerman Family Dentistry.
Common Causes For Tooth Sensitivity
- You are brushing your teeth tooth hard. Aggressive brushing may wear down your tooth enamel. Try to use a softer bristles brush and make softer brushing motions during your daily oral hygiene routine.
- You clench or grind your teeth. Teeth grinding and clench may lead to wear and tear on your enamel. If the dentist in exposed, you may experience tooth sensitivity or pain as a result. Your dentist may recommend an oral sleep appliance to prevent further teeth girning and clenching.
- You have developed gum disease: Receding gums is a common sign of gum disease. Receding gums may cause tooth sensitivity and discomfort if left untreated. Dr. Westemann can create a treatment plan to address various stage of gum disease and alleviate your symptoms.
- You have a cracked or chipped tooth: Cracked or chipped teeth may lead to tooth sensitivity. Dr. Westerman may recommend dental bonding, a tooth extraction, or a dental crown to restore your smile and reduce sensitivity.
- You have a damaged dental filling: Over time, a dental filling can wear down or break, causing tooth sensitivity or discomfort. Bacteria can seep into the empty space and begin to break down the enamel. If you notice tooth sensitivity, be sure to inform your dentist during your next visit.
Schedule An Appointment
If you are expereicing tooth sensitivity or any other uncomfortable symptoms, schedule a visit to Westermann Family Dentistry in Louisville, KY. To schedule an appointment, call (502) 426-1022 or request an appointment online.